View Single Post
Old 18-05-2016, 23:31   #56
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: PLAY OFF LEG 2 Home v Wimbledon (0-1 First leg)

Simply devastated with the result over the two legs!!
The Stanley pitch was prepared superbly by 'Buzza' for tonight and it was in the condition for good, passing football to be played on it.
Stanley played some super passing football
but at times some of our passes out of defence went astray!
I thought the 'WONDER GOAL' by PIERRO would have made a fitting 'Match Winner'....it was just STUNNING! Pierro had his best game for a few weeks and caused their defence all sorts of problems.
Our defence played well but were under pressure particularly from half time onwards! ....hmmmmm?......Inevitably though, it was a defensive slip that allowed them to score!
The 'BIG FELLA' is so difficult to play against, especially when he is allowed to get away with so much pushing and shoving just as he did in the first leg too. He wasn't the only one though as Wimbledon's foul count tonight was 21 to our 7....! I too thought the lad should have been sent off for the elbow in Rommy's face! Or perhaps I am looking for excuses or....... are our Stanley players just not 'dirty' enough?
Stanley have played some wonderful football this season and with just a little bit more luck we would have been promoted!
Still, it has been really good not to have been worried by the threat of relegation for a change!

It will be quite hard for us to keep this team together once again as other clubs will have seen what we have achieved......I really really hope that we can keep the likes of Pierro Mingoia who is a delight to watch. I know that we are losing Windass and Crooks to Rangers but I do hope that we keep the majority of the rest of the squad and that Coley can do some more 'Close Season Magic' and find some more 'GEMS' to replace them. (Rangers are building quite a big squad so who knows, perhaps Crooksy or Windass might come back 'on loan'?)
Well done to all at Stanley this season! Here's to another great season next year!
ON STANLEY ON

Last edited by choirboy; 18-05-2016 at 23:37.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote