View Single Post
Old 22-05-2016, 10:58   #2
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Persistent Salesmen Don't You Hate Them?

Well, it seems to be my week for meeting and greeting strangers, I was wandering home the long way (three steps forward two back) having ensured that at least one business in Accrington will have earned enough for it to open again tomorrow.

Yet again it involves a cigarette, I had just taken one from my packet and lit up, I think it's the bright red glow that attracts them, a bit like a moth to a flame, stepping into my personal space came a young man, 'excuse me, I'm not a scrounger', he said, 'I've got money could you sell me a fag?'.

I was struck by this novel approach, usually these folk just slur out a demand, 'gimme a fag' (usually followed by verbal abuse once I refuse).
Therefore my curiosity peaked I asked this affluent ne'r do well how much he was prepared to give for one of my superkings, 'I got 25p' he replied.
'Well I can see this as a little bit of a problem do you know how much 10 of these things cost?'
'About a fiver?' he conjectured, 'Yes, which works out at 50p each, therefore for you to be true to your word and not be a scrounger, surely you should offer me 75p?'.
It was at this point that I got the verbal abuse we know so well whilst wandering around our town.

On the plus side, this young chap will now have a basic grasp of economic's which, should we remain in the EU after the 23rd of June will qualify him to stand as our local MEP, it's a funny old world and just goes to show, politics effects almost all that we do.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote