View Single Post
Old 26-05-2016, 11:35   #319
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: Metal Detecting (Including Finds).

Well, I decided to take the detecting stick out yesterday for a little hunt on a local permission.
It wasn't long before these two squires came over to watch as I dug out a little "coin spill" (about £3.40).

They were loving it,they told me they had never seen anyone metal detecting before so I gave them a old penny each to take home.

Then as we were talking about old coins etc I got a really strong signal which told me one thing,"it's a coin" I said.
Their eyes grew larger as they gathered around anticipating what was about to come out the ground.
I dug it and 2 old pennies popped out and they was like "wooooow".These guys couldn't believe it,they were blown away.
I continued detecting and giving these two fellas a history lesson,they couldn't believe the bits that I was finding.
I bet those two never look at a field the same way again,they are now not only hooked on history but metal detecting too

The finds of note are:-

5 old pennies
4 £1 coins
2 old (ship) half pennies
2 20p coins
1 rotten farthing
1 (clock winder?) item with ornate top
1 love heart tag/pendant
1 ornate button
1 circular ornate (brooch?) item
1 square chest plate for a dog/horse harness.

image.jpg

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 26-05-2016 at 11:37.
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote