View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 14:42   #599
Eric
God Member

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

If I were able to vote, I would ignore the economic arguments ... both "leave" and "stay" ... Economics is just guesswork, like weather predictions over time periods of longer than a week. It can be used to support both sides. Economic "facts", like statistics in general, are used as "a drunken man uses a lamppost - more for support than illumination." I think ... and this is pure guesswork on my part ... that many folks will vote not with their heads but with their hearts. I don't think that's a bad idea. Your vote is your voice. And, as Leo Amery enjoined in '39, many will "Speak for England," and say to the European parliament and its bloated bureaucracy what Cromwell said to parliament: "You have sat too long for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go." Or, "for chrissakes, just [deleted] off; we can handle things ourselves."

By the way, over here in the colonies, we are keeping in touch with what is happening even though we are not directly involved:

A Brexit reminder of when things fall apart: Don Pittis - Business - CBC News
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote