View Single Post
Old 26-06-2016, 08:36   #859
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg&chips View Post
I am in no way suggesting that British people are lazy Margaret. I am asserting that many British people are. Why else do we have so many migrant workers doing the jobs that keep the country going? Never mind I concede that I am incorrect in my assumption that there will be fewer migrants. With the impending withdrawal of UK border controls from France, we will soon be waist deep in asylum seekers.

And trust me I'm a happy guy, I have opted to suspend my social conscience for a while before it gnaws its own leg off.

Have a nice Sunday. Off to church to pray a bit soon.

By the way, my assertion is based on empirical evidence rather than stereotype.
Well, thank you for your clarification.That many British people do not do the jobs that migrant workers take up might be due to the fact that they will work for less money. Add to this that many of them will also clain benefits to boost this income is an added draw. They know that whatever they get will be much more than what they could earn back in their own country.

During my long career I worked with people from many countries and I know first hand the value of the work they do.
When people start talking about immigration, it is not that they are racist, but that label is used for them because it shuts down any logical debate.
It isn't immigration which is a problem....it is a different animal altogether.....it is uncontrolled immigration which is a problem.

And the agreement which enforces border controls at Calais will have to renegotiated. If (as MAY happen) then I am sure that there will be an effort to secure borders on this side of the channel(however difficult that might be....and yes, I know it will not be easy)

I am savvy enough to know that a leave vote would not stop migration.....I have taken it upon myself to find out as much as I could about the implications of my vote......something which was open to many people.
Had I not done so I would have abstained.

Have a lovely Sunday.....and still have that glass of something cold....it is a pleasant British tradition.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 26-06-2016 at 08:46.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote