Old 26-06-2016, 09:09   #862
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I don't think arrogant is quite the right word Cashy......we all have our beliefs.

Much as we believe them it doesn't make them facts(and I include my own beliefs in this)

I just think that while we are in the EU we are being hoodwinked and bamboozled.
Of course the members of the EU are not happy just now because they have lost(or will lose) a hefty chunk of revenue.
They have treated us with contempt most of the time.
I really don't think that they expected the people of the UK to vote in the way that they did.
This vote wasn't just about the EU, it was also about the sordid mess that is politics.
If if does nothing else it will (perhaps) make politicians rethink their strategies......it might even bring about some reform in the EU.
Some are saying that the only way to reform something is to be in it.
That is blatantly untrue because we are in it and the efforts at negotiating reform have been laughable,
We asked for little and got even less.
Have to disagree, to say "Many" of the british people are lazy, to me is arrogance of the highest order!!