View Single Post
Old 26-06-2016, 17:40   #878
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Your post is very illuminating Egg & Chips.

You say that leaving the EU was not the answer. In your considered opinion, what was the answer to how the EU treated the UK? I am not being fly when I ask this.
I just want to see if you could see another way. Because I could not.
Believe me I looked. We were treated with contempt, like upstarts for daring to suggest that things within the EU should change.

There is major unrest in Europe.....and the European leaders seem to be doing precious little other than sitting on their hands.
The southern members of the EU have been treated in an appalling manner.

It is certain that there will be some difficult times ahead, but then that would have been the same whether we voted to leave the EU or not.
The leaders of the EU were displeased that we could even consider having a vote, so they have said we were going to be made to pay....punished even.
Now if you consider that is the right way to treat what is in effect a trading partner, then you must enlighten me as to why you hold this belief.

There is a lot of political in fighting going on and this is counter productive and will create more uncertainty.
What should be happening is that there should be a united effort to sort out the issues that have been created......and quickly.
As for the lies and myths that were peddled, both sides were guilty of this it wasn't just right wing factions. (Politicians of all shades have lost the trust of the people they are supposed to serve - they treat us like imbeciles).....and it was up to people to seek out information from a variety of sources for themselves(that was difficult but without information you are in no position to make a choice).

Right now, this looks like a mess, but your children may actually reap the benefits because sometime good things come out of painful times(ask your wife about this).
This may force the EU to reform.....or it may cause it to implode....but something better take its place.
The Roman Empire fell, but the world did not end. It went on......and with courage and concerted efforts it will again.
So dry your eyes, roll up your sleeves and get shovelling with the rest of us.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 26-06-2016 at 17:49.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote