View Single Post
Old 27-06-2016, 17:42   #903
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Here'e the latest one I read ... unfortunately in the Canadian media

Even more troubling is the fact that so many Britons now are suffering from voter's remorse, describing their Leave ballots as a protest vote they didn't really believe would "take."

Ok ... so 17 million plus British old farts, ill-educated, yearning for the glories of Empah, wishing to return to some Golden Age, jealous of the young .... and a whole bunch of other shiite ... voted to leave, hoping that they would stay

And that Golden Age they yearn for: Maybe the 40s and the 50s? Well, apart from a little dust up in the forties, unemployment, collapse of the cotton industry, rationing, and a few other things ... who can forget the joys of hand-me-downs and gussets.

Could be the 30s and 40s ... ok, so there were a few minor economic glitches starting in 29, and appeasing governments bent on surrender to the fascists even without having a war, but nothing serious.

Now, just in case you are concerned that I might deal with every decade back to the Anarchy of the twelfth century, or even the Roman invasion, fear not. We can't go back beyond the 30s 'cause that would be BP .. before penicillin. And nobody ... particularly old folks ... likes that. For they have reached their own Golden Years, where they are kept healthy by pharmaceuticals (indeed, they are a burden on the NHS and tax paying young.)

That makes everything clearer ... The in side won because the "outs" didn't really mean to do what they did. Simple.

Well that's the problem with age, I don't remember regretting voting the way I did, yes it was a protest vote, I had thought it was a protest against the EU, things are getting a little vague though, after all, Thursday was more than two days ago.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote