View Single Post
Old 28-06-2016, 11:01   #920
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Hill walker your postis very interesting but I am unsure of the point of it(maybe I am being a bit thick - or maybe this is a tongue in cheek post). I thought politicians were educated men and women...and we have spoken to them in the past and they have PRETENDED to hear us...they have PRETENDED that they were concerned.....well until we had put our X in their box and then they disregarded everything that we ever said to them.
Yes our language is full of inconcistencies......and I know from my experience with foreign doctors that(as a nurse) some of them found it very difficult to understand. (you try explaining what a 'one night stand' is to a young chinese doctor)

If you are alluding to the question on the Ballot paper, I do not think it could have been made clearer.
And those people who are now saying that they regret voting to LEAVE the EU.......I would ask what they thought they were voting for?
There has been a report this morning about families being at loggerheads because of the fact that some voted Remain, while others voted to LEAVE.
Was there no discussion and debate in these families during the nine month or so run up to this event?
I know that my daughter and I have had some in depth discussions about the vote and the implications....there was no doubt in my mind how members of my family would vote.....but had there been differences of opinion, then that is what they would have been.....not a major fallout.

As for professions having their own dictionary - yes and this was always so that those not 'in the know' were kept out of the loop.
That is why Doctors wrote most of their stuff in Latin...it sounded impressive and it kept the ordinary man ignorant.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 28-06-2016 at 11:03.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote