Thread: Labour Party
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 19:23   #54
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Labour Party

As for the video...all he is doing is parroting politician speak(it wasn't our fault your honour).
He is chewing over what has been chewed over many times in the past and spat out as being pap.
The Labour party were in power for a damn long time...did they make life better for the ordinary man in the street?
The presided over the unmitigated disaster that was open door immigration( they did not listen to the concerns of the electorate),they spent money they did not have, they increased the dependence of those on welfare(I guess they figured that if someone was on benefits they were likely to vote for those that gave them those benefits).
Tony Blair said something like 'tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime'.....they tried to bamboozle the electorate into thinking this strategy worked when all they had actually done was fudge the statistics(changing the way crimes were reported made it look as though crime had fallen).
So when the coalition government came to power there was a joke left in a Palace of Westmisnster drawer...it said 'there is no money'.......some joke that was.
It could be argued that no -one could make a worse fist of it than Ed Milliband...yet Jeremy Corbyn has. He has not united the Labour Party...in fact he has probably done more damage than any other politician I can bring to mind.
Ah, you say it isn't him...it is his unsupportive MP's.
A leader should have the wherewithal to bring MP's in the party into line.......he has been unable to get the majority of the MP's on his side.......and I know that in a general election it isn't the MP's who are voting...it is the electorate...but would you have confidence to elect a leader who cannot keep his own Mp's in order?
Because I surely could not!

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 01-07-2016 at 19:25.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote