View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 02:12   #95
Aussie

Smile Re: Anyone Go to St. Christopher's C of E High?

Hi, I attended St Christophers around 1964-69. I have many happy memories of the school. Mr Jolleys was headmaster and I think Mrs Richards was headmistress but she unfortunately died I think of cancer. She was very particular about the correct school uniform for the girls and did not allow us to wear white knee socks in case they got splashed on the way to school. I also remember Mr Day, Mr Green, Mr Otter, Mrs Ilic, Mrs Livesey, Miss Simpson (PE) and Mr May who married Miss Simpson. I can't remember the name of the RE teacher who we used to call the Rockin Vicar - maybe someone will remember him.

Some of the girls I remember from my year are Lynn Bentley, Shirley Stephenson, Hazel Long, Margaret Mackay, Sheila Birtwistle, Linda Bramley and Barbara Hornsey, My memory on the boys is not so good I can recall Trevor Lingard, Barry Noon, Brian Scholes. I left the area in the early 70's and then moved to Australia in the mid 80's, and just recently had a fit of nostalgia so looked up the school website - it seems to have kept up its excellent reputation and also grown considerably since the early days.

Last edited by Aussie; 07-07-2016 at 02:15.
Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote