Thread: Stanley Store
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 08:59   #29
deeayess

Re: Stanley Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Not much alternative! The link from the website takes you directly to the Plastic Box website.

As I have already said, the pricing system just happens to be different from what we have been accustomed to at Accrington Stanley.

It's clear we are entering a whole new world. When I have bought from the store previously, I have felt that my money was going directly to the club. I am uneasy about that money henceforth being channelled via a different company, albeit a club sponsor.

Maybe I am the only one to feel that unease.
I tend to agree as well. One of the attractions of Stanley was that it seemed like you were contributing to the club and it was appreciated unlike some of the plastic clubs higher up the leagues where you were a customer not a fan. It was a struggle against the odds each season which made every season we stayed in the league more of a success.

Now we are backed by Andy Holt so the threat of the wolf at the door has receded. In effect we will be just another League 2 club once all the work is finished. Will that still attract curious casual fans? Who knows. I don't think Andy is here to damage the club but neither is he here to throw money away. As macca says it can be used for tax purposes, to attract grants etc and at the end of the day sold on to someone else to recoup some of the money if not all.

I haven't really looked at the online store much as I've been abroad and using my phone but from what I've saw nothing much appeals to me especially since the new shirt is so similar to the old one.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote