View Single Post
Old 20-07-2016, 13:55   #7
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: If you have not seen your GP for five years....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
As I understand it patients will be contacted and only if they do not reply will they be struck off. I would think it would be common courtesy to reply as I think it would be to inform the surgery of any change of address. Obviously some doctors are not as good as others at looking after their patients. My other half and myself have 6 monthly check ups with blood test and blood pressure check as well as a review of medication as a matter of course.
Well you are not going to be in the category that will be the target group.

For myself I really have to be very sick to go and see the Doc.......in fact I doubt if my doctor would know me from a lump of soap.

Yes you are right the onus must be placed on the service user, to let the practice know of any change of circumstances...which I would reckon most people do. It may be that the GPthinks he can continue claiming the £136 and do nothing...but if that is the case then it is the GP who should be investigated not the service user.

The people who are taken off lists...where will they go for their health care?...It is bound to be some overworked A&E department
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote