Thread: New Bus Station
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 17:13   #144
Busman747
Always EVIL within us

Re: New Bus Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If you relied on what was put on the internet (in the way of bus timetables) you would still be waiting for a number 14 bus to get to Blackburn Hospital.....why oh Why don't they keep this stuff up to date?
It is because they (the bus comapanies) are not interested in providing a SERVICE to the travelling public. They are only in it for the money.
Are you blaming ALL the bus companies Margaret? What company in the UK would operate long-term without making a profit and survive? Don't forget, all subsidies have now been removed curtesy of the government and LCC!
My routes are quite busy but the profit after operating costs per week are taken out wouldn't pay for a weeks beer money/dole payment for one family. It is that small! I run my routes on a Saturday and I am sure that the company actually makes a loss that day So much for mercenary companies!

As for the timetables, they are printed by LCC and each amendment is charged to the company involved - that includes changing the timetable from "Peel St" to "Accrington Bus Station"

I WROTE EARLIER:

An alarm went off (Fire?) and simultaneously the power was cut. (Was it the alarm that cut the power or the power cut that started the alarm?) This only lasted perhaps 30 seconds but my customers were unable to get into the bus station and more worryingly, customers that were waiting to get on the bus couldn't get through the doors to exit the building!! For a few moments there was panic on both sides of the closed doors. Is this a design fault do you reckon?

As I entered the toilets the other day, I noticed that the lights came on automatically but for a split second, it was pitch black. I shudder to think what would happen if there was a power cut while someone was in a cubicle especially IF the power cut was caused by the fire alarm, there does not seem to be any secondary emergency lighting system!

As for companies NOT providing a service to customers, Pilkies today have refused to go into the new bus station with their LOCAL buses and are terminating in town. I have my theories as to the particular reason for this which may or may not have to do with customer service - but M&M may follow suit. It's a shame that Pilkies could not have given their passengers more warning as many were waiting (not so) patiently in the bus station for a non-existent bus