Thread: New Bus Station
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 20:24   #147
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: New Bus Station

I WOULD be willing to pay for a service.( even though I have a bus pass I frequently pay my fare....If I want to go out early then I do......and pay my fare)
I want to pay my way.
I would prefer to pay a bus fare than pay for a taxi.
I prefer to travel with others, than travel in a taxi with a driver I do not know.
I feel safer on a bus....But what choice do you have when there are not buses at certain times?
I appreciate what you say about the lack of passengers.....and yes there are practicalities.
Passengers cannot use a service that doesn't exist.
I have to say that since the new bus station opened I have not used the buses at all...When previously I would have used the buses three or four times per week.....sometimes more depending on my Mum's needs.
I know that my not using the buses is counter productive to having good bus services.
The lack of subsidies has been a killer for many services....And these services are what prevent many of the elderly from becoming isolated.
Isolation is an enemy to the elderly and the lonely, but then you will already know that as you have a good rapport with your elderly passengers

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 02-08-2016 at 20:27.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote