Thread: New Bus Station
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 12:57   #167
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: New Bus Station

To be honest Neil...i haven't looked for them...I thought they were naff anyway(it doesn't matter how many flowers you use to decorate a dung heap....it is still a pile of you know what, or as my Ma says..it is poor soil that need a lot of top dressing...all fur coat and no knickers)and frequently the yobs used the plants as missiles.
So if they are gone...good shuttance.
I am fed up with these tiny titivations that do nothing positive for the town.
The town needs a radical overhaul. It needs someone with something other than spit for brains to get it off the floor. Someone with a vision and dynamism.

Can you see anyone with the skills and the enthusiasm to do this?

I know it may sound like moaning and negativity, but give me something to rejoice about, to be positive about and I will shout it from the tower of St James's church.

The bus station cost something in the region of 4.6million quid. I do not see that as being good value for money.
People will not come to look at the shiny new bus station while the market and the market hall is left to die and fester...however(far more worrying) the bus station will take Hyndburn residents out of the town to somewhwere that is better marketed, gives them a good experience and is pleasant to visit.
Thus taking their cash out of our local economy.

It could all have been so different.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 05-08-2016 at 13:00.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote