Thread: Bbc tv
View Single Post
Old 21-08-2016, 09:57   #24
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Bbc tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I pay my TV licence because I do not wish to break the law. I suppose that if you work it out on a daily basis it is not a lot of money(especially if you also have some form of paid TV...which works out much more expensive).
I do not watch a lot of TV, but my other half does. You have to pay for the stuff you use.
We use it...we pay for it. Itis as simple as that.
No it isn't as simple as that,

we are supposedly a free Country in other 'free Countries'and indeed in 'unfree Countries', you do not have an oppressive, state supported communications facility attempting to control the population by restricting which of us can or cannot use information that is freely transmitted, elsewhere.

If the BBC restriction was buy a licence or else don't watch or listen to BBC broadcasts then fair enough, the licence fee pays for the Beeb.

The problem is, Buy a licence or we (the Governing body) will not allow you to use any broadcasting company no matter how it's funded.

It is long past the time that the way the BBC is funded was brought up to date to allow all the freedom to choose what they watch or listen to, the BBC and Government should not be in discussion to bring in even more restricting laws that will mean the WWW will also be licensed by them.

Sir Tim Berners-Lee (the guy that started the WWW) doesn't think such restrictions to be a good idea either:-

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ternet-freedom

Last edited by Less; 21-08-2016 at 09:59.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote