Thread: Bbc tv
View Single Post
Old 21-08-2016, 11:16   #25
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Bbc tv

no Less that isn't what I meant.
Maybe I did not explain myself very well(no change there then).
I meant that to stay inside the law we have to pay for what we use....and I was under the impression(from long ago) that the licence was not FOR the BBC...it was to receive ANY telecommunication over the airwaves from which ever broadcaster was sending a signal.

I agree that the BBC should look at the way it funds the programmes that it makes.
Nowhere have I said that restrictions on the internet are a good idea either...they are not.

All freedoms have responsibilities attached to them.......would you feel happier if you thought that the licence fee was divided amongs all the broadcasters regardless of how they made their money(I am not being fly here...I am just asking a question)?
Maybe the paid for subscription services could have some sort of tax levied on them too.
Maybe the BBC should become a subscription only service...or maybe it should become commercial and sell advertising space.
I really don't know what the answer is...but until something better is decided then I will continue to cough up my TV licence money to save me from breaking the law(and that is what I was referring to when I said it was 'simple' - not that the licence fee dilemma was simple).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote