Old 24-08-2016, 22:56   #17
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Well Done Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
By all means revel in the victory because we deserve to but if I were a Burnley fan it wouldn't really bother me much as when we play in the paintpot or Rangers played in the Petrofac cup. That is modern football unfortunately as money rules instead of winning trophies. That is why they are trying to change the farce that is the "champions league" because the winners get less than the bottom of the premiership.

I remember the real days of cup football when giant killers killed real giants and you could wind up the fans of the big clubs but now only we care, they don't.

But we still beat them so as far as we are concerned it is our night and we deserve it. Roll on West Ham and hopefully they treat this cup with the same contempt.
Have to disagree Dunc, Burnley played a team they thought could do us no doubt at all, they even brought Grey @Arfield on to make sure, I think Stanley fought like hell and credit were its due, we earned that result.