View Single Post
Old 24-08-2016, 23:12   #18
deeayess

Re: Well Done Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have to disagree Dunc, Burnley played a team they thought could do us no doubt at all, they even brought Grey @Arfield on to make sure, I think Stanley fought like hell and credit were its due, we earned that result.
I would agree that it was a team that should have beat us and we did fight like hell to keep up and deserved the win but had they played their team from Saturday I would hazard a guess that it would have been an entirely different outcome but it wasn't and we deserve all the credit for beating them.

What I am saying is that I have been there as a fan of the big club. Once with Rangers when they lost with a significantly weakened team against Queen on the South in our equivalent to the paintpot. I work in Dumfries and some of the locals at work tried to make a big thing about it but to be honest it meant nothingto me. That is the difference between fans of big clubs and small clubs these days. Some competitions are an irrelevance to some clubs and the higher you go the more they don't care.

It's not what football used to be about or should be about but those days are long gone now. I'm sure we both remember those days where pride mattered more than money but not anymore unfortunately.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote