View Single Post
Old 26-08-2016, 22:41   #7
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Morecambe Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Good afternoon! First time I have felt compelled to type, even though I have been entertained for months on this ere forum.

I'm actually a life long Leeds fan that drifted along to the York cup match last year and fell instantly in love with the club, Brad Halliday, the lady that slowly serves pints in the clubhouse, and the glorious Clayton End views of the sun drenched Coppice where I played as a boy.

I left Accrington in 1969 but am not just back for the glory that Stanley inevitably brings -my parents still live her.
(I think I'm slowly converting my friends who have listened to tales of travels to far flung exotic places like Wycombe and Wimbledon and seen all the iphone videos of the Ultras in full voice with increasing envy. I believe that shortly I will be having most of South Manchester bussed up on a regular basis to witness for themselves the Redvolution.)

Anyway, enough of that bollx. I agree with Cashman and also think tomorrow will be the match where the blue touchpaper of this season is lit, even though the fire will not fully warm the cold Lancastrian air until some further changes are made.

Our defence is looking rock solid (Beckles looks Premier League class in the making, Parish a sigh of relief from the clumsy hands of Chapman, the Don filling Brad's boots - not that that will ever be truly possible) and there are enough busy, small players to cause many problems for the opposition once our pass-and-move ups a gear.

We just need a bit more umph in the middle before we surge up through the divisions to European glory. However, even without this I believe should be capable of getting plenty of narrow victories in Div 2 if we play with the energy of Wednesday night.

That, hopefully, starts tomorrow.
A delightfully crafted post Lord Didsbury !.. which I hope will not be your last !.
How refreshing to read your sensible prose after attempting to make some sense of the odd ramblings offered by our friend directing the ' fan liaison rep ' thread !.
As to tomorrows game, which I hope you will be there to see, as Cashy predicts it should be more than the usual Reds v Shrimps encounter by virtue of the current form being displayed by both teams.
AccyMad, in spite of the advice offered by some Weather forecasters that rain showers are likely to fall around the Wham Stadium, has it seems a direct line to the Almighty,
and has ordered fair weather for the afternoon !.
So all is set for another ride on the Stanley Rollercoaster ....hoping that along with the loyal 1000.. many newcomers will be there to witness the spectacle !.

ON STANLEY !...ON TO GREATER THINGS !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote