View Single Post
Old 30-08-2016, 21:31   #29
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Crewe JPT pre match thread

I agree with you Smudgie. We were played off the park by a dynamic, well organised young Crewe team. In general our boys played as if they were total strangers! One or two in our starting team seemed to think that they could stroll through this game!
Young Sykes does look a good prospect and when he gains a bit more of a physical stature he could be very good. The new lad Rory McKeown had a good first half but faded a bit later on. One item to note is that McKeown has a long throw which is something that we have not had in our armoury for quite a number of years.
If Coley played some of our "fringe" players tonight then I think that we need to go to the hairdressers and get our heads shaved!
Give credit to the young Crewe players. They were faster, slicker, more enthusiastic and were really well organised. Their movement on and off the ball was a delight to behold and I really enjoyed their lovely football.
One final comment is about the poor standard of refereering once again! I am not saying this just because we lost but the referee and one of the assistant referees were useless. The game was not a dirty match at all but the referee booked at least half a dozen players. He didn't seem to favour either team more than the other but some of his decisions were simply mystifying! The ref and his assistants were wearing bright green shirts and my son in law remarked during the second half that, "The men in green seem to be from a different planet!" I suggested that, "They should go back to MARS pretty quickly!"
Had I been a neutral watching the game tonight I would say that " It was a pleasure to watch the young Crewe team tonight but where were Accrington Stanley?"
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote