View Single Post
Old 19-09-2016, 21:17   #12640
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
The day after we visited Plas Newydd we heard about a small pleasure cruiser heading for Menai Bridge. we made enquiries and found out it was taking passengers from Llandudno to Menai Bridge where it was picking up more passengers, then going through both bridges before sailing round Angelsey then between Puffin island and Angelsey and back to Llandudno.
It turned out that it was going to head back to Menai Bridge landing stage with the few passengers it collected there.
We decided that we would have a trip so we boarded at Menai Bridge stage did the trip under the bridges around the island and Puffin island to Llandudno.
Then 400 passengers alighted and just twelve of us we brought back to Menai Bridge stage. Five hours most enjoyable.
The sunset was unbelievable and I can assure you that none of the photos have been enhanced. The sea was actually red with reflection from the sun.
There were two bars and a restaurant on board.
No. 1 Balmoral.
No.2 Under the new bridge, the new steel work carries the London to Holyhead railway.
No. 3 Old bridge looking through the new one.
No.4 Speed boat showing off.
No. 5 Puffin Island.
No.6Hotel on Greta Orme.
No. 7 Llandudno pier,
No. 8Greta Orme
No.9 sunset and light house.
Sunset back at Menai Bridge landing stage.

Wish you were there Margaret????
Indeed I do Russell.
Beautiful picturtes again. I love the sunset pics and I have seen such sunsets when I have been down at Llandudno with Ma...in fact we have watched the sun sinking whilst lying in bed.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote