Thread: Labour Party
View Single Post
Old 25-09-2016, 15:44   #375
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Labour Party

I stopped paying into a union back in the 70's which was the, Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunications and Plumbing Union, I paid I attended meetings, then they came up with this marvellous idea, electronics is the future so, any electrician wanting a free course to gain qualifications in electronics could apply.

I suggested that as the electricians were getting a free course could I and other electronics engineers have a free course to gain the qualifications to do the electricians work?

We'll get back to you, was the reply.

A month later I was told there aren't enough electronics engineers to warrant me gaining such qualifications within the union, I argued the point that we are all equal we all pay in the same amount, whats good for one must surely be good for another?
Nope, not enough of you, there will be even less of us if the electricians are given a free ride to qualifications, how can my union, be prejudiced against my livelihood?
Ah well a sign of the times was the reply, that was the last time I paid into a union or attended a meeting.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote