View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 09:17   #50
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: multi-media digital display

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Thanks Rob, that does make sense, though I still won't be playing. Presumably if I followed @AndyHolt and @asfcofficial and @officialassc and @RobRuss my smartphone would go off 4 times in about 10 minutes with the same bit of info (if I had a smartphone that is)?

You've also made me wonder why at least 38600 people who never turn up at the Crown follow @asfcofficial

lol

no your phone wouldn't keep beeping Chimer, but folk tend to keep checking in and they will see the same post 4 times - so you get the subliminal advertising (advertising industry reckons the average person needs to see something 7 times before it sinks in)

38600 indeed. There'll be folk from all walks of life following the club, scouts, journalists, fans of other clubs noseying etc but there are still tens of thousands of people who have some kind of interest in the club. Presumably the type of people who follow the club for reasons other than fandom will also follow other clubs so here's a quick rundown on other clubs

Morecambe 21k followers
Bury 38k
Rochdale 31.7k
Newport County 32.9k
Yeovil 32.6k
York City 34.9k

There are obviously other similar sized clubs with more such as Fleetwood with 44k but we do pretty good with it. Messages get out there and it's a useful tool for showing affiliation with local businesses. The silly example I used earlier with drawing up plans might include such wording as "plans as the way now via @MaxCabs" "plans now arrived at @RolfHarrisArchitects" etc. MaxCabs and Rolf Harris Architects would then be retweeting their proud association with the club so their followers would then realise what a good business they were as they were the chosen supplier/operator/serviceprovider for an illustrious outfit such as us