View Single Post
Old 13-11-2016, 14:10   #24
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Illustrated talks for most social groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverh View Post
Hello Margaret,
Thanks for your advice. I don't think you're getting at me at all. It's good to hear a moderate response. The post I made was as a result of becoming frustrated at being unable to find any information with up to date contact details for groups in Accrington. It seems to be singularly absent from digital media.
I certainly seem to have upset many of the Accyweb Gods and others.
I've contacted Hyndburn U3a, and as yet received no complaints from them.
Regards, Steve
I am pleased that you did not take offence at my suggestion. I like, where possible, to offer helpful advice.
I am sure you can see where it can be misconstrued, that you are here to promote yourself.
It would have been better to follow and post to some of the threads before embarking on the promotion of your own interests and business.
It isn't that we are a hostile bunch, it is just that many have trod the path that you set out on.
They have come here and told us what we are doing wrong and how we should be doing things. Not that I am suggesting that that was your aim.
Anyway, now you are here, welcome and I hope you find lots to interest you, stimulate you and post things to the forum.
I look forward to your posts.
Oh, and a blog would be interesting too.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote