View Single Post
Old 22-11-2016, 14:31   #21
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Once upon a time .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
And now poor little "Cinders" comes in for a dose of leftie liberal lunacy! And from one of Accringtons very own to boot ......

BBC criticised after writer encourages children to rewrite Cinderella | UK | News | Daily Express
There are several discussions out there that originally cinders wore squirrel fur slippers and that a mistake in translation changed it to glass.

Quote:
The standard explanation for Cinderella's famous footwear is that it is the result of a mistranslation, someone having mistaken pantoufle de vair, fur slipper, for pantoufle de verre, glass slipper, Cinderella when making an English version of Charles Perrault's Histoires ou contes du temps passé avec des moralités (1697). (The title of Perrault's collection — in English, Stories or Tales of Olden Times with Morals — also is known as Tales of My Mother Goose, after a line that appears on the frontispiece of the original, Contes de ma mère l'oye.)
Taken from :-

Glass Slippers Mistranslations : snopes.com

Which also mentions she was helped by her mother not a fairy-godmother, so...

If it has already been corrupted from it's original should this woman really be encouraging even further corruption of a popular Fairytale?

Last edited by Less; 22-11-2016 at 14:34.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote