View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 17:16   #4
Chrisr
Full Member+

Re: Time to discuss Coleman

The message from Johns own mouth is crisis and relegation battle. I did ask a little while ago had the management team taken the club as far as they can, Dav007 was quick of the mark in defence of John Coleman and there is nothing wrong in that. For the record I am not nor ever have been a cole hater as I don't believe in that nonsense, I do ask why these players who on paper are a lot better than their performance indicates are not doing the business. I and others have discussed the problems from a fans eye view which at times seem obvious but the Manager makes the decision who plays. Davo points out in point 3 about team selection how some players never get a look in. This was also discussed at length. The time has now come to ask out loud what the problem is behind the scenes. Last season we had two academy players available to the first team who never got to kick a ball as such, This season more academy players have come through and still not had the chance to kick a ball in anger. not to mention other players who can do a good job for us. Something drastic has to change and John needs to know how we feel. I know he is deeply gutted at this season's performances which leads to the lack of a plan B. We all realised very early into the season that teams knew how to neutralise our game plan easily. This can only be down to the managers tactics and team selection. All obvious so far. What is the answer? Simply sacking a manager is not the answer. The board nd management have to sit down and have the conversation about the lack of consistent play. we raise our game to play big teams in the cup yet lose to poorer teams than us in the league. We can't afford to think the unthinkable about relegation. Action needs to be taken very soon. Perhaps a clear out in January is not to be ruled out. A lot to contemplate.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote