View Single Post
Old 29-12-2016, 00:02   #4
boxermum

Re: Where do people put it all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I shopped as if it was a normal weekend. I bought nothing extra...well apart from a bottle of sparkling wine which was to be part of a Christmas gift.
We ate sensibly...with nothing much out of the ordinary.himself had a whisky and coke on Christmas Day. I haven't had any alcohol at all
Gone are the days when we stuffed our faces and couldn't move afterwards. This was not a comfortable feeling and didn't make Christmas more enjoyable.
I suppose we have learned sense. I have thrown no food away(the leftover mash, carrots and spring greens was turned into ' bubble and squeak' and I ate that up on Boxing Day).
I quite agree Margaret,Christmas is but ONE day when we celebrate the birth of Jesus. We also ate a sensible ( just a bit more than usual)meal,no alcohol the luxury being a few choc's whilst watching tv.Why do people buy to excess, eat to excess and then throw so much in the Bin?.
Before the chorus start singing 'scrooge,scrooge', I know it's different for the kids,more special and magical,and anyway it's the adults who scoff and drink till it comes out their ears.
Plus,the shops were only closed for one Day!
boxermum is offline   Reply With Quote