View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 16:10   #15
Barrie Yates
Senior Member+

Re: Knee Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
I would be interested to hear what length your wound was Barrie. The two people I know who have had replacements had wounds right down the middle of the knee starting 3 or 4 inches above and extending 5 or 6 inches below.
Approx 8 inches overall when standing so somewhat more when the knee is at 90 deg or so. I think there were 14 clips in each knee but would have to check back through the documentation to confirm that. 28 days of self injection of anti blood clotting medication.
I do keep all medical documentation, just a pain to dig back through it all just to prove what know-all idiots some people can be.
Checked by the physio that I could do all the required exercises - quite simple really, and also checked by the surgeon before I was released.
First one was operated on around 1000 hrs, released 1100 hrs the following day. Second one the operation was around 0900 hrs and released at 1930 hrs same day - timings may well be a little inaccurate as some of my grey cells sometimes go on walkabout