View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 09:19   #41
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Hartlepool match thread (H)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
We all know we've had a problem scoring, but we've also got one keeping them out.
Some of the 'unlucky' odd goal defeats we've suffered have been due to errors that a keeper the likes of Marcus Bettinelli would have had no trouble stopping.
Parish is capable of making some superb saves but then commits the odd blunder. Despite his size & presence, Chapman flatters to deceive. He's seems massively insecure & needs an experienced goalkeeping coach to build up his confidence.
Do we still have one?
Watched Darren Randolph on t'Beeb last night and remembered the commitment which he, and that excellent lad Rob Elliott gave to the team when supreme efforts were really needed !.
....and sighed for a return to those halcyon days !.
This position is a difficult one to fill though, even the very best make errors which really cost their team dearly...as Herr Klopp has discovered with his two keepers this season !.
But having two who perform well only on occasion and who do little to give confidence and inspiration to the defenders around them for most of the time surely makes for consistent failure ?.
As for our diminutive Irish striker who seldom strikes, it is the considered opinion in our coven that he has made little in the way of development since leaving Turf Moor, and has, after being given every chance to do otherwise, has become little more than mediocre !.
The other Mac, who shall not be vilified at any cost on our forum, or so it seems, was in spite of what others say, at the best inept in ball control, passing, crossing, finishing, and actually turned his back on two tackles !. His contribution was negligible !.
( and AccyMad, Monkey hanger, etc al will be after my blood no doubt ! )
Incidentally, it was not one of my New Year resolutions to morph into a grumpy old whinger
about the team I love. But the lack of quality on show, and worst of all the bewildered and sad look on our players faces as they left the pitch yesterday is causing me some concern .

As I said.....QUO VADIS STANLEY ?.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote