View Single Post
Old 15-01-2017, 13:55   #3
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: What is the alternative?

The misty eyed belief that the NHS of the past is fit for purpose in the 21st century lies at the heart of the UK's health care problems. It needs drastic modernisation & overhauling, but any politico who says as much is pretty much opening themselves up at least for frothing outrage or at worst de-selection by party/public.

At some point the public are going to have to accept that they'll be bound to pay directly for certain aspects of the system as the compulsory contributions from NI payments are insufficient to maintain the standards people expect.

Take a look at the Health systems throughout other European countries & they certainly don't seem to be suffering similar degradations as the NHS despite also having ageing populations, a massive influx of non paying immigrants & a lessened pool of contributors. I can only speak from my experiences here in Germany (and that was very recently pretty intensive) & in comparison with what is shown on the UK news Germany is by far superior in its operation.

Believe me, there are certain things about the German system that could be better but when compared to UK, I believe I'd rather be treated here than there!