Thread: Smart Meters
View Single Post
Old 31-01-2017, 19:03   #54
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Smart Meters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, Less, you are right(you so often are).
I did go and buy a computer, I did connect to the Internet, but I made sure that I had some kind of protection from some of the evils out there...and YES, I do know that all the protection in the world is not foolproof, but I make the best fist of trying to ensure my security.
I neither need nor want one of these intrusive meters(and I have nothing to hide).My energy readings are done each quarter...I have not had an estimated bill in 14 years - the time I have been retired. I do not need some animated display to remind me of the energy I am using. I am frugal in my use of energy. No dishwasher, no dryer. I do not leave things on standby. We heat the house with a log burner. I am not who the energy companies want for a customer.
I am suspicious of such things for the reasons I have outlined quite clearly, but if it works for you, then you go for it. Me not having one leaves one for someone who will find one of these gadgets a boon.
As for the housework...most of mine gets done during the week...and at the weekend I frequently invoke the 'sluts' charter. I do nowt....or no, I do just the cooking.
Wish I had a log burner, perhaps my toilet wouldn't block as often as it does?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote