View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 07:49   #21
Lord Didsbury

Re: County Match Thread

Lord Stiff - funny how we saw it differently. I'm normally a bag of nerves when the opposition have the ball but I was pretty relaxed yesterday. We seemed to pick up a lot of loose passes in midfield, Rodak didn't have one shot to save apart from the one-on-one (the few shots they had mostly ballooned into the crowd I thought). Maybe they got in quite a lot of crosses now you mention it, but weren't most of those corners we dealt with very easily?

Their fans were highly critical of the performance on FB afterwards - although I guess that's probably par for the course after any defeat.

On the subject of crosses....we now appear to be bloody ace in the air. Corners for us used to be very underwhelming - now they look our best bet for a goal. The combo of Beckles and Rodgers in defence means it's very hard for opposing teams to put in a cross where there won't be one of them winning the header.
Damn! Shouldn't be tempting fate like that, but I'm just so happy with the defence. What will happen when Matty P returns?

Last edited by Lord Didsbury; 05-02-2017 at 07:51. Reason: Minor change
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote