View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 19:09   #29
Chrisr
Full Member+

Re: County Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Chrisr - this is so annoying! I loved the Don first.

Seriously though, I've not been blown over with him on the wing, although I'm happy enough for him to stay there as he does a decent job and may even improve.

Can Matty P play midfield?
I had to watch the don for a few games to work out where I thought he would be at his best, It became clear with the loan signings. I always thought his forward play was good, but when he attacked from the forward wing position He certainly was a danger to the opposition. The ground conditions were not perfect but he did manage to put some deadly crosses in. The system we played on Saturday suited us. I am not to sure about Matty being in the midfield as we have some big lads in there and they are good. I know there will be a place for Matty. Like the Don it may be that a complete position change maybe is what is needed as we can always revert back if we had to. There are some interesting combinations as options for us. I feel a lot more confident than I did a week ago. Mr T has made the observation on Matty p but I would let him try other positions he is a warrior.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote