Thread: Pompey Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 19:57   #49
Chrisr
Full Member+

Re: Pompey Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Are you quite sure about that? Apart from a goalmouth scramble, we never looked like scoring. The stats say we had 1 shot on target - that may have been part of the scramble.

I travelled back as far as Southampton with some Pompey fans. They were mystified at the failure to substitute McConville and Billy Kee who seemed to spend more time on his backside than on his feet.
I am simply judging by what people have suggested, Including Coleman. Although he said we were poor and did not perform. as well as we should have. We did have a couple of chances to equalise. I was not there and the TV coverage was only the goals. Kal Naismith simply run into the box and scored. That should never have happened. Most of my enthusiasm was brought on by the performance against Nottingham. I was impressed with don in the forward right wing position and the two loan players Rogers and Edwards along with the lad from Crystal Palace. showed great spirit and a good class of football. I was hoping for a repeat this week. There is a lot to contemplate for all fans. I think we can all agree that the managers need a serious plan. B They seem to be stuck in a rut with tactics and player selection. We need to get the mentality sorted out. Tuesday and Saturday are big decision games for the club.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote