Thread: Pompey Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 20:23   #51
football19
Senior Member+

Re: Pompey Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
FA !...perhaps you'll agree with me when I say that the difference between the Shrimps and the Reds yesterday appeared to be the threat emanating from their left side midfield. As I saw it Kevin Ellison's desire to see the ball in the net was frightening, whilst little or nothing came from our left wing at all if reports are to be believed.
Ellison is not universally accepted at the Crown, but his example of sheer industry and effort displayed yesterday was one which our left side players (no names, no pack-drill !)could well use as an example of what is required in the cut and thrust of games at the foot of the entire Football League .

Am I also wrong in thinking that the Stanley seem to be a collection of reasonably good footballers who are, unfortunately, not a Football team ?.
That's was I was saying Yomon,they are playing Ellison more up front than left wing (although he drifts into that channel).
If you shake the pack up we might get a result.
Start with clean sheets,no nonsense defending and a bit more direct and play off the second ball.
There's a lot of good players in the squad,I am sure they could adapt
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote