Thread: Pompey Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 21:26   #58
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Pompey Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
Lose an blame S.M is the norm on here so there's no surprise there , the football league paper had him as 1 of are better performers yesterday. But my question is this we had 5 loan players in the starting 11 yesterday that's nearly half the team , now for me 1 or 2 who will help you I don't mind but to have half your team made up of players who regardless of weather Accrington stay up or go down will return to there parent clubs an not be affected at al by the plight of our club really gets my back up. Also all the loans we have are 18 or 19 which made for a really inexperienced starting 11.
You really must read posts with care Pidge. Nowhere has anyone blamed SM for yesterday's defeat. But merely suggested that there maybe other squad members who might take his place with some success in these times of dire need !.
I also made the point that at this time the Reds appear to be a collection of reasonable footballers who are not really performing as a Football team !.
Your points about having a surfeit of young and inexperienced loan players in the team might be one of the reasons for this.
Whatever the cause, goals need to be scored and clean sheets kept by these players very soon .
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote