Thread: Sean Mc
View Single Post
Old 19-02-2017, 07:40   #941
baldy
Senior Member+

Re: Sean Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
It's a long story, and if you can bear to read this thread from the start you'll get some idea of just how committed some people are (or hopefully, were) to rubbishing his every move.

In the beginning he was slagged off for not being good enough, only in the team because he’s Jimmy B’s nephew. Then he was slagged off for leaving for newly-relegated Stockport after the first play-off failure (where this thread starts), and people tracked him round non-league delighting in his failure to set non-league alight. Then he was slagged off for coming back, still not good enough and only in the team because … blah blah.

I only see a few games a season at most, so what do I know? Whatever, for me, first time around he was promising but far too lightweight, like a lot of the wingers we tried around that time (e.g. Andy Mangan). This time, he’s still lightweight in the loose rucks which we see a lot of in League 2, but significantly better all round, this season his crosses especially. Also I think he’s taking on more responsibility, which means when he does cock up it’s highly noticeable – and don’t his critics love to notice.

That said, one or two of the said critics are finally beginning to occasionally acknowledge he may not be completely useless – and with any luck this may catch on. We’ll have to see if they cut him any slack next time he has a real stinker.
Nomination for post of the year and it's only February!

I've no problem with people having an opinion on a player, if a player has a stinker then fair enough but if the same player has a good game atleast a knowledge it!

He set both goals up yesterday which as a winger is his number one job, but as he give a penalty away (I still think it was outside the area) then people say he's had a bad game!

The one on one Shay put wide, if that was McConville people would still be in the stands now berating him...Fact!