View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 20:47   #9
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: And it's Jones..Again!!

On most job application forms there is a question 'are you related to anyone in the company?'...to check that nepotism doesn't preclude more worthy candidates, to stop a 'jobs for the boys' culture and to ensure that there is a wider pool of thought, idea and skillset.

Apparently this doesn't apply to the Hyndburn Labour Party. We already have the 'labour family' from Harwood/Rishton (who incidentally are about to spend a fortune of our money on their area to the detriment of other more deserving and urgent cases elsewhere in the borough)..and our council is now under the threat of another, this time from Milnshaw...all supported by Jones of course.

That's notwithstanding that when one family member leaves he/she is replaced by someone from their family/extended family.

I'm about to ring Francis Ford Coppola..I have a new idea for Godfather 4.

Tell me again that local councillors are altruistic and not in it for themselves, that there is no money in being a local politician..tell me again that local MP's are selected on merit or skill and not on how good they are at kissing local backsides