Thread: Sports Hub!
View Single Post
Old 15-03-2017, 17:46   #34
Chrisr
Full Member+

Re: Sports Hub!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
the club need to give serious consideration to leaving the hydburn council boundary
Dav, as much as you dislike Hyndburn Council I think people should be reminded that if it was not for the local Council, Stanley would have ceased to be. The council helped with low rent and everything else it could do at the time. The council of the day and I include all parties were in full support of the club. I do get disappointed when I hear people besmirching the local council for their efforts. They are in a different place today with different rules.

While the cost of using playing fields and sports facilities are all rising thanks to councils budget reductions. The fields used by the ladies which has seen a dramatic rent rise should not automatically be given over to the Stanley trust. This is public space as well and we have to respect that. As for the usual bad comments about residents around livingstone rd. complaining I would also suggest that people living across from the crown have put up with inconvenience at every match and would have every right to complain about the traffic nuisance. The point is they have not. Stanley has to get on with it's neighbours and in general we do. A feasibility study will only come back with a yes answer because the land is currently being used for the same purpose. The big worry would be an environmental impact study. I am convinced that with the right people negotiating with the current users could achieve an acceptable compromise for all parties. Good will can move these obstacles but I fear some arrogance maybe the stumbling block.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote