Thread: Season Tickets
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2017, 21:19   #110
Chewbacca
Full Member+

Re: Season Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
You are correct in what you say however the flexibility was in what games you chose to attend because unlike season tickets you could only attend a fixed number of games. You could argue the same point regarding buying a matchday ticket in advance rather than pay on the day. If a game is likely to sell out then get the ticket in advance. That's just common sense.

As I said, it's only as difficult as yu want to make it.

As for the reason flexi tickets were introduced, they were treated as season tickets so allowed home fans to pay less than away fans and if they had been used to their potential would have sold in far bigger numbers. The main reason they didn't sell as much was poor marketing and people didn't understand how they worked.

Reducing the prices would probably not make up for the lack of income lost unless the team were successful and drew big crowds like at the end of the season.

You might grow the fan base slightly before the club went out of business but I doubt it would be a good long term strategy.

Flexi tickets are in effect reducing prices - so you have found your own answer.

I think it is economically myopic, but you have justified not having them, as they would not make up for the income lost in your own words.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote