Thread: Season Tickets
View Single Post
Old 20-03-2017, 21:26   #119
Chrisr
Full Member+

Re: Season Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
there must be some reason why there is a downside to them? They just seem like an obviously good idea to me. If the club's aim is to get people to buy season tickets then they must think buying in bulk is a good idea.

However, it's easy for someone from the club, me or anyone on here to think something is going to work, or even if something tried has worked.

The ONLY way they will know this for sure is to do some proper analytics on it and have a shed load of data to use. What % of matches do season ticket holders go to? They'd need to know how many games each customer goes to and the effect that reducing prices has, they'd need to trial flexi tickets and see who buys them and what difference that makes. Maybe backed up with face-to-face market research.

I'd guess the analytics part won't have been done properly - especially if there's no ticket system and people are still largely paying in cash or without producing a loyalty card.

If you had a mass of data you could be even smarter..... you'd know that Mrs Jones, who travels from Rising Bridge with her son hasn't been for a while. You could send her a voucher with £5 off for the two of them without having to make that offer to everyone.

Maybe you would know there's a shed load of OAPs in Oswaldtwistle that don't come often. Laying on a special minibus for £3 each might get them to be regulars. You'd SMS the weather to them in advance so they know to bring a flask and a blanket.

You'd be emailing mini his-and-her (or his-and-his) ticket offers prior to christmas to the right demographic etc etc

OK.... maybe next century.
I have suggested this type of technology for some time. the usual luddites seemed to think it was an expensive waste. And holt will have this type of demographic breakdown for his business, so this is the only way to forward plan on so many fronts.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote