Thread: Season Tickets
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2017, 00:30   #120
Chewbacca
Full Member+

Re: Season Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
OK, since you obviously either don't grasp the concept or have a pathological hatred of flexitickets, how else are you going to get home fans to pay upfront where a season ticket is no good, pay less than £20 per game but still be able to charge away fans £20?

They are a way to build the fan base without losing the extra money from away fans.

If economics were the only factor then we wouldn't be charging the ridiculously low price for season tickets since that is where the most income is lost. Unfortunately it is necessary to charge such low prices otherwise poor crowds would be pitiful.

I don't think membership cards are the best option as they don't work for casual fans and don't provide the same commitment to go as pre paid flexitickets would. When I had a flexitickets I went to far more games as I have this season as I'm not paying £20 for a loyalty card to get a fiver off.

The Club made their choice and I made mine.
We shouldn't be making away fans pay £20 for the worst facilities in the league and charge Stanley fans less, it is really against the rules. Premier League away at Arsenal with padded seats cost no more than £30, or any other away game in the same division, not value for money at Stanley and away numbers will dwindle the more we play the same teams.

Which is probably why they don't exist anymore, otherwise away fans would allowed to buy them in groups of 10 for parity.

Surely a 'ridiculously low' season ticket is incentive enough?

I never said I was against flexi tickets in any way, however no other clubs have the same thing was my point, and there is likely to be a reason why, it is blatantly charging away fans more for the same game compared to home fans if bought in a block of 10 for one game.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote