View Single Post
Old 25-03-2017, 23:04   #55
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: The Official Great Grimsby Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
A few observations:
1. About 30 cars on the new car park. Is that good or bad?
2. Pukka Pies need to increase the size of their advertising hoarding. It's too small.
3. Earlier in the season Coley, when being interviewed after West Ham said of Payet's goal that's why he's worth £30m - as none of the Stanley players can do what he does when there's a free kick. What will Shay be worth on that basis?

Ps, anyone have a pie?
As I posted after my visit to the Kassam Stadium a Season or two ago, I am not exactly a devotee of Pukka Pies in whatever guise they present, in particular those of an oriental flavour, Chicken Balti I think they are called.
After relenting this afternoon and being persuaded to try one of their Meat and Potato presentations I can quite definitely report that my opinion of these parcels of culinary rubbish has not altered one little bit !.
The Potatoes were undercooked, the substandard meat was in the main little but scraps of gristle, and the pastry tough as old boots, in particular that making up the base of the pie which was totally inedible and found it's way into the nearest wastebin !.
Needless to say I will not be purchasing another Pukka Pie ever again.
I am not quite sure if you expected an in depth analysis Lord D, but being somewhat particular about what nutrients I ingest, and not being too pleased when I have to consign articles I have purchased to the depths of a waste-bin, I felt strangely moved to respond to your query !.

KTF.....as to the Match, I have nothing to add to what has already been reported, except that I thoroughly enjoyed the contest !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote