Thread: Crewe
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 18:24   #32
Mundo
Junior Member+

Re: Crewe

Don't normally comment but after today's result I can't resist.
First half we had the possession but our passing choices from ever area just invited pressure. Thought Conneely was poor first half and the first goal came from him losing possession. Omar and Rodgers both seemed to lose the plot when passing but all over the park we seemed to think we were better than them but fair play to Crewe they were up for it more. They only had two real chances but buried them both.
2nd half we eventually woke up and there was only one team in it.
As for man of the match, as much as Shay was a threat 2nd half and scored a cracking goal I thought Hughes was the stand out performer (even without his goals) he didn't miss a beat.
I agree sub's could be used more and whilst I agree Edward's has a part to play he can't do what Billy does - as much as he's bigger I'm not sure he's the type of player to get one on one with a centre half - would you therefore take Shay off instead?
Overall a superb result and shows what a team spirit we've got. Next week is the big one - let's invade the seaside and show them who really is the pride of Lancashire!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk