Thread: Blackpool Away!
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 09:06   #33
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Blackpool Away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Pretty excited about Friday. Just been perusing the fixtures of Exeter and Carlisle who look to have easy games against our-of-form teams (Barnet and Hartlepool). It's looking like a must win.

The team will presumably pick itself, apart from JC tossing a coin again to decide on Husin v the Don? If Matty P has metamorphosised into Zinedene Zidane like I'm told he has then I think the Don will be back.

Also keeping an eye on the weather. Why does it have to be bloody Blackpool on Easter Friday? Hopefully the dismal weather may persuade people that there's better things in life than a tray of soggy chips and getting cold on a crumbling pier. I would consider going there early to avoid traffic, but what is there to do?. I've been there several times in the past (presumably must have been nagged rotten by one of the kids, or just a severe mental aberration of not remembering how awful it was the last time) and always come away feeling hugely depressed. I quite like faded seaside glamour, but I'll make an exception for Blackpool.

Maybe if I was 18 and out for beer and scrapping, or 90 and in the mood for bingo and nostalgia....god, it's hard being grumpy middle aged.

Anyway, nowt makes you change your mind about a place like 3 points. Come 5pm and you might witness a deleriously drunk old dodderer dressed only in a kiss me quick hat, undies and Stanley scarf splashing happily about in the sewage and seaweed shouting "in't football brilliant".

" god, it's hard being grumpy middle aged."....

Lord.Didsbury!....fast forward say 15/20 or so years...OK ?...
Right ?..now listen carefully to my protestation !...

YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET !

Last edited by yonmon; 12-04-2017 at 09:10.