View Single Post
Old 16-04-2017, 18:23   #369
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: World War 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
Thank you so much for your prompt reply
It seems strange that you could not find any record of George Evans . The archives , see below , confirm George Evans Birth and baptism , residence in Accrington and Naval service .
Regards,

Canuck

George Edward Evans - born in 1889 in Accrington Lancashire Accrington - 1891 England & Wales Census

The National Archives | Search results:George Evans K39132 Accrington

Lancashire OnLine Parish Clerk Project
Hi Canuck.
I've checked and rechecked again all the info you provided in your first post, and I'm still coming up zero, I find it a bit strange, after all these years spent recording all who took the Kings Shilling, that there is no record of your George in any of the 100's of sources i/ve gone through. Blooming eck I can't get over the fact I could have missed someone. I going to have to sit in the corner for ages, or shoot myself.
If I'm still here next week I'll go down the library, and search thro some of the other Burgess Rolls.
Just thinking of other possibilities, the reason why there is no record of him or the family Grindley's in Accrington just before the outbreak of war and after, they could be living outside my patch, in that case I would not know him

Last edited by Retlaw; 16-04-2017 at 18:33.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote