Thread: World War 1
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2017, 21:28   #371
Canuck
Junior Member+

Re: World War 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
A little more info Canuck, Elizabeth Evans married Robert Dickinson Nov3 1894 at St John's Acc, she lived at 164 Burnley Rd Acc and he lived 174 Burnley Rd Acc.
Elizabeth's father Richard Evans was deceased. By 1901 the family, Robert, Elizabeth, Edith, Geoerge G. and George Edward Evans had moved to Warrington. I have not been able to find George Edward in the 1911 census yet.
Thank you Ossy Kid for your information .

Retlaw , the the family move to Warrington explains why George Edward Evans does not appear in your records , so please don't do anything drastic . George probably joined up in Warrington although his military record archive names Accrington , the information on enlistment may have asked for place of birth . However the fact that he was born in Accrington may still qualify him for a place in your history record

With regard to the ships on which George served my information is that he served on HMS Penstemon , an Arabis class sloop , often used for minesweeping . ( I have found pictures on the Net ) I believe Victory , sometimes referred to as Victory 11 was a training
establishment , I will follow up on your information re his last ship . Discovery .

I am most grateful to both of you for your follow up to my posting .

Regards,

Canuck
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote