Thread: World War 1
View Single Post
Old 16-04-2017, 22:01   #372
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: World War 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
Thank you Ossy Kid for your information .

Retlaw , the the family move to Warrington explains why George Edward Evans does not appear in your records , so please don't do anything drastic . George probably joined up in Warrington although his military record archive names Accrington , the information on enlistment may have asked for place of birth . However the fact that he was born in Accrington may still qualify him for a place in your history record

With regard to the ships on which George served my information is that he served on HMS Penstemon , an Arabis class sloop , often used for minesweeping . ( I have found pictures on the Net ) I believe Victory , sometimes referred to as Victory 11 was a training
establishment , I will follow up on your information re his last ship . Discovery .

I am most grateful to both of you for your follow up to my posting .

Regards,

Canuck
Bloomin Eck Canuck, thats a relief, a con sleep a bit easier now, if I had to do that for every body born in Acc, I'd still be at in 2020 if I live that long, an am past me sell by date now, the only ones I have collected born in Acc were the lads that joined in Australia, Canada, and New Zealand, and one lad from South Africa, about 75 in all, a con go to bed now, hopefully waken up pushing blankets back, an not scratin thinside of a coffin lid.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote